This Christmas should be a time for sharing, togetherness, faith and hope in the wake of the hardships of the last two years, according to voices in this year’s Church of England Christmas advert.
This four-minute promotional film features powerful personal reflections from people in a wide range of walks of life, speaking about what Christmas means to them.
The resources you might find useful as you prepare for Advent and Christmas this year are all available via www.churchofengland.org/christmas. They include:
- Daily Advent reflections that will explore the Advent Morning Prayer readings from Matthew’s gospel and feature content from Reflections for Daily Prayer by Stephen Cottrell and Guli Francis-Dehqani, available via a Church House Publishing booklet. Separate versions for families and young people will also be available.
- National online services for Advent and Christmas will be available here on the Sundays during Advent, and broadcast on the C of E’s Youtube channel and Facebook page.
- A series of twelve Christmas reflections are now available via a Church House Publishing booklet. The reflections will be shared digitally each day from Christmas Eve to Epiphany.
- Printed resources, including bookmarks, prayer cards, and booklets, which are available here.
- Add details of your Christmas services to A Church Near You, and to access the Resource Hub,(log-in needed) which can provide customisable videos, social media graphics, approaches to online giving, and Christmas carols that can be downloaded for free and used in digital or physical services.